Visual Literacy

This was a project for our new 7th period class. Our project was to make a word out of pages in a book. This style of art was created by Isaac Salazar. What we had to do first was find a word, then print out a layout of the word from Photoshop. From there we found a book big enough for our word and start folding. What we had to do was fold pages to match the layout of our word. This project was a great example of visual literacy because after it was done it showed a word that meant something to us and displayed it for many people to see.




The first book I did I put Pi. I did this word as a reference to math my favorite subject and to refer to pie my favorite food and word to say. The font that I chose looked really fancy. I also chose an old math textbook to display my word. This took me about two weeks to do and in this book I folded around 275 pages. After that one I made another book of a unicorn because their my favorite mythical creature. It took only about a week to do and I folded around 250 pages. I am also about to start on my third book. I think its going to take me a long time because I have to fold around 500 pages.



I think my two books turned out really well. The pie was my best I think. My table partner also made a unicorn as well and we put them side to side and it looks good too. If I could go back I would make my folds more exact. Well I'm starting on making the American flag and that hopefully is going to look good. But if I was to make another book it would be of a cool car or something like that. I would chose that because I like cool cars and it would be cool if I could make one in my book.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work, Maceo! I appreciate your creativity and humor. Great job on your "fancy" font and precision of folding for your first book "Pi".

    ReplyDelete